Effective: 25 May 2018
Little Holidays (“littleholidays.net”, “Little Holidays website”, “we”, “Site”) respects and recognizes the importance of your privacy rights. You can access littleholidays.net and browse our site without disclosing any of your personal data. Littleholidays.net does not collect personal information about individuals, such as names and mailing or e-mail addresses unless it is knowingly provided by the individual and he or she has agreed to the terms under which littleholidays.net will use it.
Disclosure of information
Littleholidays.net will not sell, trade, or rent your personal information to others. We do not automatically log personal data nor do we link information automatically logged by other means with personal data about specific individuals. We may use IP addresses to compile and provide aggregate statistics about our visitors, traffic patterns, and administer the site. IP addresses are not linked to personally identifiable information. We collect only the personal data that you may volunteer while using our services. We do not collect information about our visitors from other sources, such as public records or bodies, or private organizations.
We do not knowingly collect or maintain personally identifiable information at our sites from those who are under 18, and no part of our site is structured to attract anyone under 18. If you are under 18, do not use or provide any information on this website, make any purchases through the website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this website or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use.
If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 18 years old, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information we collect on you
Information we collect automatically:
When you access the website, we automatically collect information about you, including:
- Log information:When someone visits littleholidays.net, we use a third party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behavior patterns. We do this to improve the site’s content and usability. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone.
- Information collected by cookies:We and our service providers use various technologies to collect information, including cookies. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us improve our website and your experience, see which areas and features of our website are popular, and count visits.
Information you provide to us:
During the course of your use of the website and other interactions with us, we may also collect personal data that you may volunteer while using our services. When collecting personally identifiable information through our website, we will make it clear that we are collecting personal information and explain what we intend to do with it. Instances of this include:
- Leaving a comment on the website: We use a third party service, WordPress.org, to publish the website and process comments made by visitors on the website. WordPress requires visitors that want to post a comment to enter a name and email address. For more information about how WordPress processes data, please see WordPress’ privacy notice.
- Using our live chat box: We use a third party service, ConvertFox.com, to provide our visitors with a quick way to communicate with us. When you send us a message via the live chat box, ConvertFox.com automatically collects non-personally identifiable information including session and usage data and log data (IP address, browser or operating system, dates and times of your use). You may then volunteer to provide us with your email address should you wish to be contacted outside the live chat box session, only for matters related to your query. For more information about how ConvertFox processes data, please ConvertFox’s privacy notice.
- Participating in interactive features of the website: We use several third party services to run polls and quizzes on the website. These services do not collect personally identifiable information, but automatically collects log information when you volunteer your answers.
Use of information
We may use information about you for various purposes, including to:
- Operate and maintain this website;
- Improve your experience on this website;
- Respond to your comments and provide you with user support;
- Provide and deliver the information, products and services you request, process transactions and send you related information, including confirmations and receipts;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- Communicate with you about products, services, surveys, offers, promotions, rewards and events offered by the littleholidays.net and others, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our services;
- Personalize and improve the services and provide advertisements, content or features that match user profiles or interests; and
- Carry out any other clearly-defined purpose for which the information was collected.
Publicly visible information
If you choose to leave a comment, website visitors will see your name and any information you choose to leave.
Littleholidays.net takes reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
Rights related to your personal information
Opt out of promotional communications – You may opt out of receiving promotional communications from us by following the unsubscribe instructions on each email we send to you or by sending us an email at email@example.com.
Access – You may access the personal information we have about you any time by submitting a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Amend – You may contact us at email@example.com to amend or update your personal information.
Forget – In certain situations, you may request that we erase or forget your personal data. To do so, please submit a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes or to complete transactions, or when required by law.
The Little Holidays utilizes a standard technology called “cookies” and server logs to collect information about how our website is used. Information gathered through cookies and server logs may include the date and time of visits, the pages viewed, time spent at our site, and the websites visited just before and just after our own, as well as your IP address.
A cookie is a very small text document, which often includes an anonymous unique identifier. When you visit a website, that site’s computer asks your computer for permission to store this file in a part of your hard drive specifically designated for cookies. Each website can send its own cookie to your browser if your browser’s preferences allow it, but to protect your privacy your browser only permits a website to access the cookies it has already sent to you, not the cookies sent to you by other sites.
The Little Holidays also uses technological equivalents of cookies, including social media pixels. These pixels allow social media sites to track visitors to outside websites so as to tailor advertising messages users see while visiting that social media website.
- The materials on Little Holidays’s website are provided “as is”. Little Holidays make no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, Little Holidays does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its Internet web site or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
- In no event shall Little Holidays or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption,) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on Little Holidays’ Internet site, even if Little Holidays or a Little Holidays authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
- The materials appearing on Little Holidays’ web site could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. Little Holidays does not warrant that any of the materials on its web site are accurate, complete, or current. Little Holidays may make changes to the materials contained on its web site at any time without notice. Little Holidays does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
- Little Holidays is the owner of all intellectual property and materials published throughout the site. These works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
- Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials (information or software) on Little Holidays’ web site for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not: modify or copy the materials; use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial); remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or transfer the materials to another person or “mirror” the materials on any other server. This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by Little Holidays at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
- Where Little Holidays’ website contains outbound links to other third party websites, these are intended for information only. The Little Holidays’ website has no control over the contents of those sites or resources, and accepts no responsibility for any loss or damage that may arise from the use of them.
Affiliate program participation
Littleholidays.net is a participant in affiliate programs including Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, Booking.com, Klook.com, RentalCars.com, GetYourGuide.com, and UrbanAdventures.com. This means that whenever you buy a product or book a service from select companies via links on the Little Holidays’ website, we may receive a percentage of its price as a commission. This helps pay for fees associated with running Little Holidays as an ad-free and community-supported space.